Friday, September 28, 2007

Moon Observation 9/25-9/27

I live on Bee Ridge Rd and every morning to get to school I drive West to get to the highway. On 9/25 (the day before full moon), the moon sat low in the sky and was massive, probably three or four times its normal size and a very orangish-greenish-yellow (it reminded me of the color of sulfur). It was so large that you could very clearly see dark spots on the center, where I assume craters and mountains and whatnot must be. The next day, 9/26 (the day of the full moon) I observed the moon during the same time (give or take a few minutes) driving the same route. This time the moon (though very bright) was its normal white color, but about a forth of the size of the previous day and up higher in the sky (about twice as high as before).
Then, on 9/27, I observed the moon from my friend's doorstep in Lake Sarasota at about 8:15. It was large and sulfur in color once more. I came back out to her doorstep at about 9:00 and the moon was higher in the sky, smaller, and white once more.

What the hey???

No comments: